The Project Management Unit (PMU) organized the Scientific Committee’s meeting on February 24th, 2017 at the Administration Building of Can Tho University (CTU) to evaluate the 6 kick-off research proposals under the CTU Improvement Project. These proposals have been called and processed since January 29th, 2016. This meeting follows the selection process established in the official Project documents, i.e., the Feasibility Study document and the Minutes of Discussion of several meetings among JICA, delegations of Japanese Professors and CTU, as well as the Guidelines for management of research projects in the Circular 11/2016/TT-BGDĐT on April 11th, 2016 of the Ministry of Education and Training.
The Committee includes:
|1.||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Trung Tinh, Vice Rector, CTU||Chairman|
|2.||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Le Viet Dung, Vice Rector, CTU||Vice Chairman|
|3.||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Ly Nguyen Binh, Vice Dean, College of Agriculture and Applied Biology||Member|
|4.||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Hai, Vice Dean, College of Aquaculture and Fisheries||Member|
|5.||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Van Cong, Vice Dean, College of Environment and Natural Resources||Member|
|6.||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Le Van Khoa, Head, CTU Department of Scientific Research Affairs||Member|
|7.||Mr. Nguyen Van Duyet, Head, CTU Department of Financial Affairs||Member|
|8.||Mr. Naoki Kakioka, Senior Representative, JICA Vietnam Office||Member|
|9.||Prof.Dr. Tetsu Ando, Chief Advisor, the Project for Building Capacity for CTU||Member|
|10.||Mr. Hiroyuki Kanzaki, Consultant||Member|
|11.||Dr. Nguyen Đac Khoa, Head, Research Management Unit, PMU of the CTU Improvement Project||Secretary|
The Scientific Committee’s meeting on February 24th, 2017 in the Meeting Room 1 of the Administration Building of CTU
Mr. Naoki Kakioka - Senior Representative, JICA Vietnam Office (left) attended the meeting via online video
The proposals have been thoroughly reviewed twice by the Japanese Technical Committees then revised accordingly by the research teams; therefore, they were qualified and selected by the Committee to be granted by the Project in 2017. All research teams attended the meeting and responded to every comment of the Committee members which helped make their proposals even better. Those proposals are:
1. Plant resources collection, evaluation and development (rice, other crops, animal forages, etc.) - Leader: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vo Cong Thanh.
2. Application of genetic, breeding and cell culture technologies for new varieties of rice and other crops with improved quality and adaptability to climate changes and other environmental stresses - Leader: Dr. Huynh Ky.
3. Climate change: Impacts and adaptation in aquaculture and fisheries - Leader: Prof.Dr. Nguyen Thanh Phuong.
4. Fisheries resources management and conservation - Leader: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Dac Dinh.
5. To study possible techniques to treat soil, water and air pollution in the specific context of the Vietnamese Mekong Delta - Leader: Dr. Pham Van Toan.
6. To study changes of the farming systems to support elimination of pollutants added to the environment (including GHG) - Leader: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Huu Chiem, Associate Professor.
Some images at the meeting:
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Trung Tinh (middle): Chairman; Assoc.Prof.Dr. Le Viet Dung (right): Vice Chairman; Dr. Nguyen Đac Khoa (left): Secretary
The research teams responded to all comments of the Committee members
(Project Management Unit)